Wednesday 24 January 2018

Character Design Lesson


We had to pick a iconic character and have a new design or object the coud use by taking shapes and knowledge of the character for these designs of jetpack I looked at the Space Ranger symbol on his arm and saw the rocket and also the scene in toysjory with it made me think it could be pretty cool like faster also the wings are based on his insignia on his chest which is similar to the space ranger one but has wings on each side so I decided to put these together and add the buttons and the part which replicates his middle half. I also though it could match woody well as its quite heroic or like a bird and that eagle type icon could match n that sense as a companion also since buzz is seen diving then his wings come out I thought this action could be emphasised more with the wing movement below.
Today we looked at characters that were merged with an object and how the type of people obsessed with that thing could be replicated. I picked a rock metal guitar and a rocker billy which would have quite a calm layer back gesture. Whilst the rock one is erratic the necks can give more of a linguistic and performance so I will be doing some drawings of these with a marker pen with the swerves as I can be quite stiff with how I draw so I will be taking this advice from Justin.
( I will updating character lesson posts if I am doing more development. )
The Guitars ( flexible rocking out on stage)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For_Infinity_Rendered_Edited