Tuesday 14 November 2017

What If Metropolis?:@Phil Recent


This is a differing composition that was from how Jordan said to look at samurai jack and their use of fun through curves and not any sense of evil..like calm. Before Space was seen as scary or cynical.
Meg showed me ways in which I could do terrain and use photoshop.

So, After getting feedback I have been trying to open up the Frame more and figure out where and what things are or could look like.
These were my previous silhouettes as I didn't know what the buildings would be however I have been told they are possibly too pointy in regards to the idea of it being fun and not scary.


These are some monorail designs I did aswell before the compositions

It has been said that these pictures are too extreme in terms of the red..it kind of loses the balance and its also harder to get a sense of space and it can be seen as too evil. This means the I need to work on a composition and all of the designs etc..to be honest I'm pretty lost with it. a curve balancing a point and a red balance a yellow and a blue balance and simple shapes yet still understanding and I don't think I can do it.
.






2 comments:

  1. Hey Georgia :) I do think that some of those shapes have a slight sense of 'weapon' about them - hence Jordan's feedback - if you were to ensure your points have rounded ends etc I think they would very quickly start to feel friendlier? The actual forms you're making there are beginning to feel fun - much more so the second set of silhouettes, and No 9 in particular.

    Take a look at these 'atomic age' wallpaper/textile designs - you'll see what I mean about the soft corners and 'playful' aspect - so an avoidance of spikes etc:

    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3d/b3/81/3db381ac19d6ab24584568b53efe797c.jpg (notice the 'balls' on the end of the spikes)

    https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f8/2b/30/f82b30a702c366d2e93fde2594ab05ab--retro-fabric-fabric-sewing.jpg

    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7f/25/cc/7f25cc92541e132b10d869fc4cd1082c.jpg

    ReplyDelete

For_Infinity_Rendered_Edited