Friday 14 December 2018

Self Reflective Statement

My Strengths and weaknesses whilst being in the Virtual Duck group.

My Strengths-I think whilst working in a group we were all pretty good we all tried to make it even amount of work and stick to our strengths whilst still doing a bit of everything. For example I think I was helpful when it came to the ideas stage and visually drawing it out and also the storyboarding also modelling and animating, I think a strength was my expression through the character especially after acting and when I could make it through modelling I felt like I had come a long way from before. I feel like my strengths were camera shots and facial expressions and story ideas but not the flow of the animation or the principles which are vital when it comes to good animation.
My weaknesses-was definitely simplification at times I struggle to focus at first with the right thing and I think being in a group helped that as they could tell me if they thought i was over-complicating things. There was things I didn't understand like texturing and my group showed me that which really helped. I realised that things like this need to be a focus next year. I think execution has always been something I struggled at and I need to focus on that in year 3. But I think I am improving and I have done a lot better than last year.
To improve-I found out that my animation skills need work for example the smoothness and timing and also just in general really. I think I could improve on modelling too however I feel like this has progressed since beginning of last year and this project as my team has also helped me learn as well as myself so animating and other things that hold back a better execution/presentation of a project to do this is by practice so doing more tutorials and also by asking for help and improve my execution that way.

6 comments:

  1. Georgia - Regarding your peer assessment form. Am I correct in thinking that you didn't write any feedback for the rest of your group? Was that an error with the form or something you opted to do? The request (not choice) was to write feedback for everyone in your group. That is the purpose or 'peer assessment'. Can you either, let me know if you did write for everyone or if not redo the form. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. The best thing to do is to email me your feedback and grades. I'll add them. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

For_Infinity_Rendered_Edited