Monday 8 April 2019

My list and setting up ready for tests in Maya.


Setting up the scene test in Maya/ image planes etc.

so I have just been setting up an idea of how I could have the image planes to make a room specifically for the first part of the test. I am going to have a floor that is modelled and some tables. I want to redo the current image plane so you can see it more and have everything more continuous line so I need to do two more image planes after I've corrected this one and then I want to add light to where that would roughly be, shadow's. camera's and I also want to bring moom into it so I can be a better judge of the space/animation camera angles, lots of stuff and once textured a better judge of how the character could stand out. I think the image plane's may need to be bigger e.t.c
I am going to be uploading all my progress as I go this is just the very basic of what I had in my head. 
I also plan on doing tests for the other scenes once I've done some with this scene but I need to revisit the storyboard/animatic first if warhammer is more of a memory based scene like this. etc so I thought I would stick to this for now. 

Submission Commitment
  • A fully realised animatic/storyboard
  • Orthographic's
  • Maya test's including the set's image planes camera's 
  • Maya test's of the texturing of costume asset's on moom.
  • Bringing moom into these set's to get an idea of the animation.
  • Maya test's of modelling certain object's and how they will be textured.
  • Character bible's 



2 comments:

  1. Hey Georgia - so I can't recall if I've shown this to you before, but if not, I want you to watch the following animatics and examples:

    1) First watch Ruth Cann's first animatic all the way through - and then watch the second version, which she produced after Ruth was encouraged to stop representing everything so literally....

    a)http://ruthcann.blogspot.com/2018/10/minor-project-animatic-1.html
    b)http://ruthcann.blogspot.com/2018/10/minor-project-animatic-2.html

    Now take a look at Graeme's pre-vis:
    https://graemedaly.blogspot.com/2019/03/major-lost-boy-shotlist-and-previz-edit.html

    You'll notice how both students are enjoying the 'dreamspaces' of their memories and really playing with space and scale etc - and this is where you need to loosen up and do some additional work. Another animation I show students which helps them loosen up about transitions etc is this one:

    https://vimeo.com/channels/44245/20793651

    I've got your script - which I'll edit and send back, but in the meantime I want you to think about the differences between Ruth's first animatic and her second animatic and you will hopefully see that they are a million miles apart...

    ReplyDelete

For_Infinity_Rendered_Edited