Wednesday 22 November 2017

What If Metropolis @Phil

 The Changes and trying to progress.


Here you can see the compositional and design change.


After speaking to Jordan he gave me some compositional changes and constructive criticism on how the tower looked too evil but the rest was starting to look promising and so the eye goes straight to the tower like a central hub. Also started looking at lighting and some texture brushes I could use when thinking about the idea of wear/weathering and steel, brass and colour.

After these changes I ended up with this result which is still debating what I can do with it. I feel as though its a lot simpler than what I was thinking about before. And there has been design changes.
I feel like I could either leave this simple and change things in Maya slightly or go to more detail in the painting for Maya I'm not so sure. It could be better simple?.
(Focus point where the eyes go.)
This is a general idea of what could be a matte painting and what could be 3d. I think the tubes could be more like a cylinder shape and more emphasis on the curves or curve at the end rather than being so straight. A reflective material could be good. The main tower and mid building could be 3d modelled as I feel like they are where your eyes are more focused. I spoke to Alfie and meg and they mentioned planes and how that could work? 

Orthographics

Model 1:
Model 2:




Model 1: Started doing the rough orthographic of the mid building.
 Model 2: The Main Tower.
Model 3: The tubes.
Opinions/ Feedback Is welcome.




2 comments:

  1. For me, looking at your plan for the matte painting vs the digital set stuff, I don't think it makes sense for you to bring the matte painting into the foreground like that - traditionally, you'd use the matte painting at the rear of the composition - if the tower is a 3D model then it does feel as if everything in front of it should be model too, otherwise I think it will look a bit odd. You could use flat 2D planes as cut-outs, but your various shapes are largely quite simple, so it might just be quicker in the long run to model this set - particularly when it comes to lighting it etc.

    ReplyDelete

For_Infinity_Rendered_Edited