Thursday 12 October 2017

Invisible Cities ideas for interior angles/shots (1 of 3)

(In progress would be more cluttered to the left etc with construction resources..
Here I have been trying to get an idea of an interior of the architects workspace and the builders. 
I looked at the reference of a warehouse to get this and the conveyer belt gave me the idea of putting the models of the big structural project/s they have been thinking about and how many times they could have repeated this process. The model at the bottom however is broken foreshadowing that the project is doomed to fail and end in conflict. Im also trying to think about how it would be in motion..the conveyer belt with models maybe lots of ideas could be thrown away or just left the people are like sleep deprived, stressed etc crossed out blueprints ripped ones..I tried to give the sense that even this building is still in construction and the people are nowhere near their goal. theres a sense of repetition and continuation so you get an idea it could be a big room without showing all of it and I'm trying to think about liveliness even without the people like a sense they have been in there. And thinking about how to show a story in a picture about that place. I thought of metropolis when I drew the conveyer belt as I reminds me of the whole machines operating and constant work etc..I might rotate or do a stranger angle to make it more uneasy/chaotic or unstable looking.

This is a more simple interior but it gives the sense of a catwalk with ladders and how it looks old by mixing in the post war look into the ruined walls and the hole in the roof etc.. I am trying to mix the modern (today construction and past influence of post-war in the spaces this kind of unfinished space. 
I was thinking that drawing all the angles will give me a sense of what is believable for a structure or the story and I was going to paint into the better ones on photoshop to get the style to match how I see the world to get the balance id like also the colours before but looser and look at some tutorials on painting. Any advice or feedback would be great. And also I'm trying to figure out what I need in the drawing and what I don't. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

For_Infinity_Rendered_Edited